Continuing my summer binge watch catch up plans, I’ve seen over 2 seasons of New Girl and am now halfway through Season 3, and after a healthy break of a few months I’ve picked back up Shameless to see the latest season and am halfway through that as well.
First, New Girl.
- I think Winston is my favorite character now. Him and the whole cat thing, every episode I find myself enjoying his scenes the most. Nick had been my favorite but since coupling with Jess, he just isn’t the same funny character.
- And Schmidt, I really had liked the twist of hooking up with Cece during Season 1 and getting serious about her but the way they broke that up in S2 & S3 has been more sad than funny and ever since they started doing flashbacks of Schmidt in his fat years, his damn chin looks huge all the time and is distracting me.
- And Coach. I had really liked him in the pilot but now that he’s back, it just doesn’t feel right. There’s almost too many people now. I’ve noticed less Cece as a result.
- There’s been less, depravity this season, which I’m thankful for, but also I really didn’t like the choices they had Fiona make. Sure she’s had bad taste in men, but she has for the most part been the responsible Gallagher for the most part, and for her to squander her best situation in years/ever so easily … it just didn’t feel true to the character. More like the show making sure that things didn’t get too good for the family and to bring it all back to hell.
- This seemed to be a recurring theme, like Ian’s return, making choices that he wouldn’t seem to make to bring him back and most likely in even worse shape. And its these odd circumstances that I’m sure are going to pull Lip back away from his escape to college.
- I think Vee and Kevin are my favorite characters, and the hilarity that is going on with the baby situation and subletting to Mickey and his Russian girls, the confrontation with Stan’s son - they are definitely carrying the lighter side of the show.
Current Mood: hot